Advertise on ILW
Connect to us
Make us Homepage
The leadingimmigration lawpublisher - over50000 pages offree
Copyright© 1995-ILW.COM,AmericanImmigration LLC.
After about 13,000 H-1B petitions were claimed in the first week of this year's cap season, USCIS is reporting only about 3,000 additional visas were claimed in April. At that pace, the 65,000 would not be reached this year. However, we can expect a pick up in filings later in the year as the economy continues to mend and graduates of US institutions going in to professions requiring licenses start filing cases.
-----------------IMMIGRATION DAILY FROM ILW.COM------------------
May 4, 2010
Headlines:Focus2 Articles1 News Items16 TweetsClassifieds: Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegals, Help Wanted:Immigration Paralegal, Immigration Law Certificate, CaseManagement TechnologyReadersWriteComingsNGoings_________________________________________________________________ITEMS
1. Focus: The Immigration Compliance Book
The Immigration Compliance Book, Editors Angelo A. Paparelli, L.Batya Schwartz Ehrens, and Dan Siciliano features contributionsfrom Jason Burritt, Francis E. Chin, Philip C. Curtis, LauraDanielson, John Fay, Bonnie K. Gibson, Richard Gump, Douglas D.Hauer, Susanne C. Heubel, Loan Huynh, Jay Jorgensen, Susan Kelly,Adam Ketcher, Cynthia Lange, Kevin Lashus, Robert F. Loughran,Kristin Major, Johanna Marmon, Cyrus D. Mehta, Maggie Murphy,Michael Patrick, Julie Pearl, Justin A. Rymer, Olivia M. Sanson,Lynn O. Tarran, Vinh C. Trieu, Steve Trow, Greg Wald, MatthewWarren and Michael J. Wildes. The Table of Contents is asfollows:
++Editors' Introduction++Understanding I-9 Concepts++I-9 Advanced Topics++Employer E-Verify Considerations++E-Verify Advanced Topics++DHS Enforcement Through ICE Raids and Audits++Specialty Topics++Resource Materials
For more info on this book and to order, see here http://www.ilw.com/books/TheImmigrationComplianceBook.shtm(fax version, see here).http://www.ilw.com/books/TheImmigrationComplianceBook.pdf
2. Article: New Americans In The Evergreen State: Immigrants,Latinos, And Asians Are Growing Economic And Political Force InWashington by Mary Giovagnoli et. al of the Immigration PolicyCenterhttp://www.ilw.com/articles/2010,0504-giovagnoli.shtm
3. Article: ILW.COM Bloggings On May 4, 2010 by Greg Siskindhttp://www.ilw.com/articles/2010,0504-blog.shtm
4. News: CRS Report On FY 2009 DHS Appropriationshttp://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/news/2010,0504-crs.pdf
5. Tweet: NYT: Poll Shows Most in US Want Overhaul of#Immigration Laws http://ow.ly/1GTLL
6. Tweet: Antis are trying to get 12 more states to adopt AZGestapo law http://ow.ly/1GSLI #immigration
7. Tweet: What is to be done about Arizona's new racialprofiling/anti-illegal #immigration law? Linked-In Groupdiscussion: http://ow.ly/1GRhq
8. Tweet: The Immigrant's Way - a book that outlines the historyof #immigration law and immigration paperwork and legal processhttp://ow.ly/1GN99
9. Tweet: NYTimes OpEd: Its not just AZ Gestapo law, GOP andNation are in peril http://ow.ly/1GRb4 #immigration
10. Tweet: TheHill: House Dems prep for #immigration battlehttp://ow.ly/1GPCo Reconciliation bills must originate in theHouse - where's the bill?
11. Tweet: Politico: No VIP visas for fashion modelshttp://ow.ly/1GPkk #immigration
12. Tweet: Law.com: ABA Pressured to Move #Immigration Conferenceout of Arizona http://ow.ly/1GPkk Do the right thing, ABA, followAILA n Fragomen!
13. Tweet: NY Governor Move May Help Immigrants FacingDeportation: setting an example for other stateshttp://ow.ly/1GL46 #immigration
14. Tweet: Politico: Obama #immigration hedge shocks lefthttp://ow.ly/1GJhG
15. Tweet: RT @markos: RT @dailykos: Catalyst for hateful Arizonalaw had little to do with #immigration issue http://bit.ly/9U5Od6
16. Tweet: Inspiring #immigration Editorial - The ArizonaRepublic http://ow.ly/1Gujp
17. Tweet: Don't be left out... Get listed! Sign up for ILW.COMAttorney Yellow Pages at http://ow.ly/1GpGH
18. Tweet: Employer's Immigration Compliance Desk Reference: Agreat resource for HR managers, #immigration counsel andemployers http://ow.ly/1GpEj
19. Tweet: RT @4aNewAmerica: #Arizona Diamondbacks Face BacklashOver Anti-#Immigration Law http://ow.ly/1Gno1 #RI4A #immigrant
20. Tweet: RT @tonyherrera RT @marioradio Bombshell: AZ Ranchermurder suspect an American! http://ow.ly/1GnYC If true, how aboutwe deport all antis!
To submit an Article or a news item to Immigration Daily, writeto mailto:email@example.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter:http://www.twitter.com/ilwcom_________________________________________________________________CLASSIFIEDS
1. Help Wanted: Immigration ParalegalsFragomen Del Rey Bernsen & Loewy LLPhttp://www.fragomen.comseeks entry level and experienced business immigration paralegalsfor the New York City and surrounding offices. Ideal candidateshave one to five years of business immigration experience,including non immigrant and immigrant visa matters and aBachelors degree. Excellent verbal and written communicationskills as well as strong organizational and Microsoft OfficeSuite skills required. Please send cover letter and* resume to:mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, including reference to ILW.COM.
2. Help Wanted: Immigration ParalegalDallas, TX - Business immigration practicehttp://www.spencercrain.com/seeks immigration paralegal to support lawyers and handleadministrative tasks; requires 1-2 years experience with H, L, Evisas;* prefer knowledge of INSZoom; must have strong MS Officeskills and be fully bilingual in English and Mandarin (speak,read, write). Email letter and resume with references (Adobe orWord only) with Immigration Paralegal/Admin in the subject line,to mailto:email@example.com.
3. Immigration Law CertificateClasses offered both online and in-person.* Master the complexand ever changing maze of immigration policies and regulationswith the Immigration Law Studies Certificate Program offered byCUNY's School of Professional Studies. This graduate-levelcertificate program, consisting of (3) three-credit classes,offers students who complete it a comprehensive understanding ofthe laws, regulations, and processes surrounding the status ofimmigrants in the US, including family and employment-basedimmigration and deportation defense. It is designed forindividuals working in law firms, companies, government agenciesand nonprofit organizations where they interact with immigrantsand immigrant legal concerns on a regular basis and wouldtherefore benefit from greater knowledge of the laws andregulations surrounding immigration. For more information onclass schedules, tuition and fees, course applications and toregister, see here.http://www.sps.cuny.edu/programs/spscourses/programdescription.aspx?pid=17&sid=ILCP
4. Case Management TechnologyAre you ready for the new changes in immigration? See why INSZoomhas a 99% customer retention rate. Use our forms with peace ofmind - 800+ updated within 24 hours of any new release, nopatches or downloads. E-File 20+ forms. Access your firm's onlinedatabase anywhere you have internet access. Client relationshipmanagement tools, practice management tools, group calendaring,emails, notes, reports, invoices, auto email alerts andreminders, document storage and assembly. A library ofcustomizable questionnaires, letters and email templates included. Online access for clients to check case status included. Compliancymodules: I9, LCA, AR 11, PERM. Optional services: credit cardprocessing, Outlook & QuickBooks integration. One-time data entryand auto population into all documents will save you time andreduce errors. Customizable to support solo practitioners, mid-large law firms & corporations. We teach you how to customize thesoftware to fit your processes and communication needs. Founded in 1999, INSZoom is a profitable, financially sound company, employing 100+ engineers, sales, and support staff. INSZoom is ISO 27001:2005certified and the "world's largest immigration software company",built with flexible modules that allow you to manage and control technology. To schedule a complimentary online demo, call 925-244-0600or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see herehttp://www.ilw.com/corporate/advertise_on_ilw.shtm_________________________________________________________________ReadersWrite
1. ReadersWrite: Yesterday's Discussionhttp://blogs.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/2010/05/03_The_Second_Decade_Of_Immigration_Daily.html#comments
2. ReadersWrite: Today's Discussionhttp://blogs.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/2010/05/04_The_Immigration_Compliance_Book.html#comments
To submit an Article for consideration, write tomailto:email@example.com_________________________________________________________________ComingsNGoings
ComingsNGoings: Immigration Book - Immigration and Self-Government of Minority NationsEdited by Ricard Zapata-Barrero, Peter Lang Publishing, 177 pp.,Paperback, ISBN: 9052015473, $43.95,http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/9052015473/
Readers can share professional announcements (up to 100-words atno charge), email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org._________________________________________________________________The first daily in the field of immigration. Forward this to acolleague!
Publisher: Sam Udani** Legal Editor: Michele Kim** ISSN:1930-062X
An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page isnot legal advice. Transmission of this information is notintended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, anattorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon anyinformation without first seeking advice from a qualifiedattorney. Copyright 1999-2010 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM.Send correspondence and articles to email@example.com. Letters andarticles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used inany medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do notnecessarily represent the views of ILW.COM._________________________________________________________________ILW.COM - the leading immigration law publisherILW.COM, PO Box 1830, New York, NY 10156Over 50,000 pages of free information!http://www.ilw.com/
Immigration Daily - http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/Archives - http://www.ilw.com/immigrationdaily/archives.shtmClassifieds -http://www.ilw.com/corporate/advertise_on_ilw.shtmRSS feed - http://www.ilw.com/rss.aspProcessing times - http://www.ilw.com/govttimes/index.aspImmigration forms - http://www.ilw.com/forms/Discussion board - http://www.ilw.com/discussion/Find a lawyer - http://www.ilw.com/findlawyer/Seminars - http://www.ilw.com/seminars/Immigration Books - http://www.ilw.com/store/Advertise - http://www.ilw.com/corporate/advertise.shtmResources - http://www.ilw.com/resources/Blogs - http://blogs.ilw.com/About ILW.COM - http://www.ilw.com/corporate/about_us.shtmLink to us - http://www.ilw.com/corporate/linktous.shtmSearch - http://www.ilw.com/search/advanced.asp
Law.com reports that the American Bar Association is being pressured to move a conference in Phoenix scheduled for next week after its co-sponsor for the event, the National Legal Aid & Defender Association, announced it was pulling out of the event. Other groups that planned to send representatives, like the City Bar Justice Center in New York, called for the conference location to be moved. A number of speakers at the event have also announced they will not attend. Law.com also reports that Alpha Phi Alpha, the national black fraternity, announced plans to move its annual conference in July from Phoenix to Las Vegas.
The Washington Post's Michael Gerson does a good job explaining that the changes to the Arizona law help in some respects, but make the situation worse in others.
Looks like the Administration is getting ready (finally) to argue that federal immigration law preempts Arizona from regulating immigration.