H-1B CAP COUNT: 55,800
The H-1B cap count is now at 55,600 H-1B cap-subject petitions have been received as of June 1, which is the most recent USCIS update. MU currently is projecting that the H-1B cap of 65,000 will be reached around June 8.
MU clients are encouraged to initiate their H-1B Petitions immediately in order to insure that their H-1B cap-subject petitions are received at the USCIS before the deadline.
Employees that need a "cap-subject" H-1B include:
* International students working on an EAD card under an OPT or CPT program after having attended a U.S. school
* International employees working on a TN may need an H-1B filed for them in order for them to pursue a permanent residency (green card) case
* Prospective international employees in another visa status e.g. H-4, L-2, J-1, F-1
* H-1B workers with a cap exempt organization
* Prospective international employees currently living abroad