MANILA VISA REISSUANCE PROGRAM
The US Embassy at Manila just has announced the establishment of a Non-Immigrant Visa Re-issuance program. The purpose of the program is to allow some applicants an expedited visa issuance process if they have previously held the visa that they are seeking to extend.
If one qualifies for the program, an applicant needs only to schedule an appointment, appear at the Embassy at the appointed time, and then have the application screened and give 10-print finger scans. The applicant will not have to participate in an interview.
At this time it does not appear that the VRP will be available to H-1B holders because of a condition that one did not stay in the US for more than 6 months. Here is the full list of conditions:
1. I am a Philippines passport holder.
2. I have previously been issued, in Manila, a full-validity visa (a visa good for five or ten years).
3. My visa is still valid... or it has expired within the last twelve months.
4. I have in my possession all of my passports covering the entire period of time since I received that full-validity visa.
5. I have not been refused a U.S. visa in the last twelve months.
6. My visa is not annotated "clearance received".
7. I have not ever stayed in the U.S. longer than 6 months (even if the Department of Homeland Security approved the extension of stay).
8. I have not ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even if subject of a pardon.
9. I can provide the visa control number from my visa (located in the upper right hand corner of the visa).