H-1B CAP HAS BEEN REACHED
Last night the USCIS reported the H-1B cap has been reached for this fiscal year. Accordingly, the USCIS will not accept H-1B cap-subject Petitions. The next H-1B cap season begins on April 1, 2011, with start dates of October 1, 2011.
Please keep in mind that international workers who are working in the U.S. on an H-1B visa with another H-1B employer ordinarily are not subject to H-1B cap. These cases are commonly referred to as "transfer" cases and may be filed at any time throughout the year.
In preparation of the next H-1B cap season, MU will be holding a free teleconference for our clients. The agenda for this teleconference includes:
1. H-1 Cap 2011 - analysis
2. H-1 Cap 2012 - a look ahead and projections
3. Discussion of the new Form I-129
4. Update on USCIS Site visits and DOL Audits
5. Strategy session: H-1B Dependent employers
6. MU's 5 Big Things to Stay Compliant!
7. BONUS - MU's 3 Even Bigger Things to Stay Compliant!!
If you are an MU client and interested in participating on this call, please email Jeana to register.