ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page


Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Make us Homepage

Questions/Comments


SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily


Chinese Immig. Daily




The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

View RSS Feed

Immigration Law Blogs on ILW.COM

No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase

Rate this Entry
Some people have been arguing, on ilw.com and no doubt elsewhere, that there is no real difference between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on immigration policy, so that it makes sense to throw away one's vote entirely by casting a ballot for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson or Green Party candidate Jill Stein.

(If one is really determined to throw one's vote away, I can suggest a more creative and interesting way to do this than by voting for this year's equivalents of Ralph Nader and Patrick Buchanan in 2000 - in terms of chances of getting elected, not in terms of policy. If one lives in Texas, for example, one could show up at the polls with a university issued student ID instead of a gun permit.

That would have the same effect in enabling that person to have his or her vote make any difference in determining who will win the presidency in November as voting for Johnson or Stein would do.)

The theory that Hilalry is no different from Trump on immigration is based on some negative statements that Hillary has made in the past about Central American refugees and supporting deportation in order to "discourage" unauthorized immigration. Admittedly, those were not good statements and they did sound a lot like what Donald Trump is saying now.

Moreover, just as Trump's record on some non-immigration issues that are beyond the scope of this comment is not exactly unblemished - think Trump University and Atlantic City Taj Mahal - Hillary is not without her detractors on some aspects of her background.

We can expect to hear a lot this summer and fall in the way of attempts by Trump and his supporters to distract attention from the very real and profound differences between him and Hillary Clinton on immigration by playing the 20-year old game of making scurrilous personal attacks on her that have nothing to do with policy positions on immigration or any other issue - going back to all the old, long-discarded canards about Hillary and her husband - - Paula Jones, Whitewater, Vince Foster, Benghazi and other mostly imaginary scandals, or even ones that may be more real, but still hyped and exaggerated for political reasons, such as Hillary's emails - maybe one of the most yawn-inducing scandals ever among average American voters. Monica Lewinsky - where are you now that Hillary's detractors really need you?

But let's get back to immigration policy and the idea that there is no real difference between Hillary and Donald in this regard - that both are equally anti-immigrant. Nothing Hillary has ever said can even remotely compare to Trump's repeated attempts to demonize Mexican and Muslim immigrants as "criminals" and "terrorists", as well as, more recently, even attacking American-born children of such immigrants or American citizens in general of who share the same "heritage" or religious belief.

Hillary has never engaged in demagogic rants that we "won't have a country" if (non-white) immigration continues, or that we need to "take back our country" from (non-white) immigrants. However, just in case there is still anyone left who seriously thinks that there is no difference between Hillary and Donald on immigration, Hillary has now clarified the most essential differences between in a June 24 op-ed in the Arizona Republic newspaper.

For a link to Hillary's full oped, see:

http://www.thehill.com/blogs/ballot-...nto-scapegoats

Hillary introduces her proposals, which center on a) comprehensive immigration reform to avoid breaking up families, as opposed to Trump's deportation "task force" (which Senator Cruz onece aptly called "jackboots"), b), breaking down barriers instead of building walls, and c) bringing more legal workers into the formal economy in order to create jobs and boost wages, as follows;

"And while our system fails to provide certainty to immigrant families, political figures like Donald Trump turn them into scapegoats for many of the challenges facing American families today. His bigotry and fear-mongering may be an attempt to divide our country..."

Hillary also writes

"When he [Trump] praises local figures like Gov. Jan Brewer, he's endorsing their heartless and divisive policies. And when he speculates about ending birthright citizenship,, he's suggesting undermining the Constitution and tearing American children away from the country they know and love."

Admittedly, more specifics from Hillary Clinton on her immigration plans would be welcome. But does this mean that there is no difference on immigration between her and Donald Trump?

Think again.



Roger Algase
Attorney at Law





Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to Facebook Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to Twitter Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to Google Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to StumbleUpon Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to Reddit Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to Digg Submit "No Difference Between Hillary and Trump on Immigration? Think Again. Roger Algase" to del.icio.us

Updated 06-27-2016 at 06:35 AM by ImmigrationLawBlogs

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags

Comments

  1. Unregistered222's Avatar
    Hello Roger! Looks like your fake mozlem "refugees" buddies are at it again Three juveniles mozlem "refugees" gang-raped and urinated on special-needs 5 year old girl, while filming it on the cellphone. Nothing new.

    Usual business of raping and mass-murdering infidels goes like a clockwork. Hopefully, this will all soon change.

    One more reason to follow the great country of Israel in lock-step and stop the flow of fake mozlem "refugees" here.
  2. Hubert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered222
    Hello Roger! Looks like your fake mozlem "refugees" buddies are at it again Three juveniles mozlem "refugees" gang-raped and urinated on special-needs 5 year old girl, while filming it on the cellphone. Nothing new.

    Usual business of raping and mass-murdering infidels goes like a clockwork. Hopefully, this will all soon change.

    One more reason to follow the great country of Israel in lock-step and stop the flow of fake mozlem "refugees" here.
    A supporter of Israel in this blog?

    Wondering from which country comes this undesirable buffoon...for sure he's not American, perhaps some Indian H-1B visa worker who stole a white collar job from a US citizen (cheap labor) and is dreaming to become a Bollywood superstar in the US.
  3. Unregistered222's Avatar
    Well. You have been advised to stop skipping your prescribed medications and you have ignored the advice. Please, my friend, go to a mental health professional before it is too late

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubert
    A supporter of Israel in this blog?

    Wondering from which country comes this undesirable buffoon...for sure he's not American, perhaps some Indian H-1B visa worker who stole a white collar job from a US citizen (cheap labor) and is dreaming to become a Bollywood superstar in the US.
  4. Sopperone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered222
    Well. You have been advised to stop skipping your prescribed medications and you have ignored the advice. Please, my friend, go to a mental health professional before it is too late
    Correction: Unregistered222 is a lower caste, cybercoolie whose bosses are most likely greedy Zionists that pay him the federal minimum wage.
  5. Ahuassen's Avatar
    European-Americans who embrace radical views (including Trump's distorted agenda) have no place in California (and the West Coast by extension): those people are indeed an insignificant minority in the Golden State and are risking of being ethnically cleansed (Zimbabwe's style) if they persist with their anachronistic views.

    The following video is somehow disturbing and shows how they are treated by their fellow counter demonstrators...
    https://twitter.com/ABC10Frances/status/747139514246672384

    Too bad that those European-Americans are blindly placing their hopes on Donald Trump (a Zionist shill in reality) when the reality-show entertainer will be the one taking those folks to a guaranteed destruction.

    Multiple people stabbed at Sacramento far-right rally & counter-protest
    https://www.rt.com/usa/348500-stabbing-rally-sacramento-california/

    So far this event doesn't show the traits of being a staged hoax.
  6. Hipolitos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahuassen
    European-Americans who embrace radical views (including Trump's distorted agenda) have no place in California (and the West Coast by extension): those people are indeed an insignificant minority in the Golden State and are risking of being ethnically cleansed (Zimbabwe's style) if they persist with their anachronistic views.

    The following video is somehow disturbing and shows how they are treated by their fellow counter demonstrators...
    https://twitter.com/ABC10Frances/status/747139514246672384

    Too bad that those European-Americans are blindly placing their hopes on Donald Trump (a Zionist shill in reality) when the reality-show entertainer will be the one taking those folks to a guaranteed destruction.

    Multiple people stabbed at Sacramento far-right rally & counter-protest
    https://www.rt.com/usa/348500-stabbing-rally-sacramento-california/

    So far this event doesn't show the traits of being a staged hoax.

    Blame Trump...those right wingers are most likely supporters of his campaign... And they got what they deserved.
  7. Unregistered222's Avatar
    You know, boy, let me tell you a little story. Mozlems are sleeping and dreaming about "ethnically cleansing (Zimbabwe style)" the great country of Israel for many decades. Unfortunately for them, each time they actually try doing it in real life, it only ends in a big pile of dead mozlems. Meanwhile the great country of Israel prospers.

    Now, once you heard this little story, you have to go and finally take your prescribed medicines. You are becoming unhinged real fast, boy )

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahuassen
    European-Americans who embrace radical views (including Trump's distorted agenda) have no place in California (and the West Coast by extension): those people are indeed an insignificant minority in the Golden State and are risking of being ethnically cleansed (Zimbabwe's style) if they persist with their anachronistic views.


    So far this event doesn't show the traits of being a staged hoax.
  8. Zapo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered222
    You know, boy, let me tell you a little story. Mozlems are sleeping and dreaming about "ethnically cleansing (Zimbabwe style)" the great country of Israel for many decades. Unfortunately for them, each time they actually try doing it in real life, it only ends in a big pile of dead mozlems. Meanwhile the great country of Israel prospers.

    Now, once you heard this little story, you have to go and finally take your prescribed medicines. You are becoming unhinged real fast, boy )
    Hillariuos: a cybercoolie licking the boots of his Zionist masters...of course, if he stops showing submission to Israel, his Zionist bosses won't renew cybercoolie's minmum wage job (an excellent example of modern day slavery).
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: